8.18.2009

Its Ali Z Day!


Meow Kitties and Pups,
How do you like my new picture? My Mom just loves it because my eyes look sort of blue/purple.
Last week I had some responses to my blog and here is one:
Dory said "Ali, you are a very nice kitty for answering all these questions. I have one for you. I see the same kitty every day when I go for my morning walk. I try to be friends with her, but she turns the other way. . .what should I do?"
Dory, some cats just never want to be friends with a dog, because of our personality differences. Sometimes food might entice her to stop and visit you. For instance, if you were to bring along a sardine or two, she could smell it and might like to sample it. If she won't stop, just leave it for her and she will probably come and get it as she sees you go. Or she might just continue to run the other way even faster. Who knows what her dog experiences have been? You will have to be very, very patient to make friends with this kitty. But how nice that you want to be! Thanks for writing!
Joe Stains sent me a letter that made me laugh. Joe said: " hmm, I never realized cats were so smart, maybe I should be more respectful. NAH! DOGS RULE, CATS DROOL."
Joe, I read the adventures of you and your goofy little brother so I know that now and then you dogs do have problems. However, I could maybe bring it to your attention that Big Dog Honey is having a Drooling Contest among her and her doggy pals. That is something you will NEVER find a cat doing, unless they are very sick. So much for that. Thanks for writing, Joe.
Stella is a little upset about her post of yesterday. I told her not to write it but she was so excited she insisted. She has never had a crisis of confidence, and has always felt very loved in our family (much more than me!) and on this blog. However whenever Mom has been asked what Stella is, she would always say Lab and Border Collie and now she can say Borador and some people might even know what that is! She just likes having one name, and that makes her happy. Like saying I am a mixed breed cat, I say I am a Muted TortoiseShell, its a nice name that describes me.
I hope you are all having a good week, and its so nice to have dear Huffle back, isn't it?
Meow, meow,
Ali Zophia

15 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

Hi Ali Z! Hey - I just got to blog this weekend too! How nice of you to answer your commenters - you have a lot of very wise and good things to meow about! Look forward to seeing more of you!
Huggers xo,
Ozzie

Maxmom said...

Dear Ali-Z...

We must admit - we don't know too much about cats, except that they are absolutely wonderful to chase!
Maybe we should be sorry to tell you this, but we love that "fzzzt!" sound that they make!
Our "Boss" adores cats. Apparently they had a Cat first before they thought about getting dogs. Mom, however realised (after 1 week of getting that cat) that she is allergic to them (like us), so our household is now Cat free. We like to think that it has something to do with our Cat-chasing skills.
"Tinny" (the cat before our time) lived to the ripe old age of 16yrs and mom could never pet her. She'd erupt in big red rashes when she tried.
So we don't have a kitty in this household anymore. But we like to think it has something to do with our 'Cat chasing' skills.
All that said, we must admit... that is a gorgeous picture!! (makes us drool in anticipation, BOL!)
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

The Army of Four said...

Well...... some of us have two names even though we're one breed! So Stella shouldn't feel bad at ALL!
And really, as Siberian Huskies, we don't drool! Except for Davy when Mom cuts up watermelon... and oooooh, the other night when he caught (and released) a toad. That was more like foaming, though... not drooling.
Love,
Ammy

Chester said...

Hi Ali Z! I just stopped by to say hi to Stella and I find you. I would stay longer but my first inclination is to chase you and I'm always bein' told "NO Chester" when I try to chase your kind. So I better leave before I give in to my natural desires. Please send my greetings to Stella.
Thanks you furry feline!
Chester :0=)

Hamish Westie said...

Hi Ali
Well I have the opposite problem to Dory. There's this cat we always meet on my morning walk and she always want to play. I have to take evasive action, because I find cats scary, but she persists. Any ideas on how to get my message across?
Cheers, H

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

You a very wise cat Ali Z, I think I would be a good friend for you if I lived over there.
I think it cool that Stella like having a name and of course all those nice comments is true about her!
~lickies, Ludo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

STELLA!

Please keep your eyes and paws on the 'puter!

That KHAT is on it again!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Yes, it is nice to have HM and her mum bakhk!

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

Well Ali, after seeing your new picture I really can't think of anything bad to say about you right now... Your eyes are like beautiful jewels. They're enchanting. Dazzling. Hypnotic... HEY! Stop wiff your cat eye hypnotizing tricks, Ali! I'm on to you!!! Trying to hypnotize us dogs like that. I'm not going to fall for it. Nope.

Nope.

Why am I getting sleepy..?

Arrrghh!!!

Be nice, Ali!

Butt wiggles,
Cloud

Teddy Westlife said...

Thank you Ali Z, it's very nice to be back too! Your new picture is wonderful, it shows off your sparkly eyes perfectly.

Those dogs are funny, aren't they?

Huffle Mawson

Reese =^..^= said...

It looks like your eyes are about to go laser!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Hi Ali...

Thank you SO much for your advice...I will have Mommy bring some sardines tomorrow morning and let you know how is goes!!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I think I belong to the club that will never like furry beasts.

Meow,
Wilbur

Life With Dogs said...

I don't know, you being a cat and all. Are you tender by any chance?

;)

Martha said...

Hi Ali Z - so very nice to meet you - we like cats and love seeing them on the blogs!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We must admit your eyes are quite beautiful in that photo. And we are also very happy that Huffle is back.

Tail wags, the OP Pack