5.24.2010

Maxdog Tour Repeat - - - -RIP Max!


As a tribute to Maxdog, we are repeating our Maxdog Tour blog:





Its Maxdog!

February 14, 2010


What an afternoon it was! I saw this handsome Golden retriever coming up our driveway. Who could that be? I went to see, and what a surprise! It was Maxdog all the way from South Africa. He said he was doing some visiting in the US and he couldn't miss me! I am so happy!

It is very cold and snowy here, something that Max is not used to, so we went inside where it was warm. My Mom was sewing upstairs and I was going to get her but Max said, let her sew and let us talk! So we did, we talked about everything, his family, my family, friends, his illness.

We told each other story after story, some funny, some not so funny. We got in the treat box and ate some cheese cookies, and then we talked some more. Maxdog told me that the hardest part of being ill so far, is that his family is so upset about it. He said they try not to show it to him, but like all of us canines, he is good at reading their true feelings. He is not fearful of the end at all, and he wishes his family wouldn't be also.

I hope I am that brave when my time comes. I think I will, one of Max's lessons!

Our time together was one of the best times of my life, I learned very much from Max. Things that I will treasure forever.

I gave him the Valentine you see above in my header and he was so pleased. Then, a car pulled up our driveway and Max said, Ah, Stella, that will be my ride. So I packed him up some treats to travel with, a blanket,some water and all of my love. We had a nice nuzzle and a kiss or two and then his parting words? "I'll look forward to seeing you when you get to the Bridge." And just like that he was in the car, traveling down the road.

My Mom came downstairs, and said why is the treat box open, what have you been doing? I started to tell her, but then I knew she wouldn't believe me. She would say I was sleeping and I dreamed it . . .if she had a snooter like mine, she would know it was real!

Love to Max, Caryl and the whole family

with Kisses,

Stella

21 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Well pawed again my furiends!

MaxDog united an entire population of furiends!

What a GReat choice to share this again!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We know what a wonderful time Max had there with all of you. As much as we miss Max, it is so wonderful to see him again on so many blogs today all over the world. He was a wonderful friend to all.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Deborah said...

So sad, that was a nice memory.
xxoo
Deborah

Remington said...

How nice....it's so hard to lose our friends....
Hope all is going well in your world!

Golden Samantha said...

What a beautiful tribute to Max, Jo! A beautiful recap of a wonderful day in blogland. Max just touched so many - it's been a tough day, but we're aching for Max's family. Rest in peace, dear Soul.
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and family

Yas said...

Hi Stella!
Thanks for sharing that beautiful memory. We are sad but also happy to know that Max's touched so many lives. He will always be loved and remembered for sure!

Maxx and family

kissa-bull said...

wowie that was so furry touching and our eyes are leaking the waters. we were so lucky to have met a true angel like max.the sky shines brighter tonight wiff the newest angel arriving.

pibble sniffles
the pittie pack

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Excellent tribute. It's good to remember the good times we have with friends.

Kat

Asta said...

Stella
What a wondewful post. We all had such a bootiful time with Max on his toow. he'll stay in ouw heawts fuwwevew. Thank you fow this happy memowy
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Maxmom said...

Dear Stella and Jo
What wonderful happy memories! I will never forget that day...a demonstration of this amazing cyber support group. Thank you for this beautiful tribute.
With love
MAXMOM(Caryl)

♥I am Holly♥ said...

What a beautiful tribute to dear Max. It is wonderful to know that so many around the entire world care about Max and will continue to remember him forever. Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Ms. ~K said...

Many hearts are broken, including mine!
~K

The Oceanside Animals said...

I remember Max's world tour. Great repost!

Piappies World said...

Hi Stella,

The Maxdog Tour was indeed one of the most amazing things we witnessed. We join you in paying tribute to a great Maxdog.

We will surely miss him but his memories will allow us to cherish him furever.


-Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & the Piappies

Maxmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sagira said...

Very sad to hear about the loss of Max. I can tell how much he was loved and cared for.

sprinkles said...

I hadn't read this the first time around. Thanks for sharing it again. I've enjoyed seeing tributes to Max all over the internet. He was loved very much and will be missed greatly.

Brenda's Arizona said...

A lovely tribute, Stella. We all miss Maxdog.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What a great post mom. We love it... Hope you are doing well with our PT...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Sam said...

Hi Stella, Jo! I am so sorry that I didn't have you on my blog roll. As I explained to someone else, there was a point in time when I didn't update it for a few months straight, so it got outdated quickly. All fixed up now.

MaxDog really had a profound impact on the blog community, didn't he? We followed the story of his illness, but didn't get to know him as well as we would have liked. Still, we miss him.

Joe Stains said...

What a great tribute, we miss good old Max, he was a great friend for sure.