3.23.2010

Its Me, Ali Z!


Hello all you Kitties and Pups:

We have some questions to answer, so here we go!

Our friend, Cloud the Wonder Dog asks  Can you tell me what happened to all the fatty, fat squirrels that were around a few months ago?  All I can find are normal sized ones.  
The squirrels are very much like other animals who stoke up for the winter, hiding food in their little dens, as you know food is scarce during the winter time.  So they are fat when they go in, but skinnier when they come out.  They also have a litter of babies to take care of during this time.  Not an easy life!

Twinkie Thompson says As I've told you, Ali Z, I am jealous of your special post and I want to do my own version, what do you think? 
I think, Twinkie, this would be a great idea for you.  You never seem to be at a loss for words and you are certainly a clever dog.  (Be sure and go to Twinkie's website to learn about his Global Animal Blogging Event.)

The Houston Pittie Pack is next with a question from their Wee Ones Division.  Wee Tiger says he is going to have a first date with a lovely dog named Mona. He is nervous and even plans to take a bath.  His question is What would be a nice gift to give her on our first date so she can like me? 
Maybe, a nice ball, or a bone is something she would like.  What she would probably like best is if you were on your best behavior and treated her very nicely.  Try not to be nervous, you both will have a nice time.

Mayzie wonders why there are no four leggers wanted on the census information.  She says we are part of the family, too.  Who can I write to , to get this changed?
Good question, Mayzie and I very much agree with you.  You could start on the 'net at
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/  and see  if there is a place there for suggestions, although it has been my experience the government is seldom interested in my suggestions.  Keep trying.

Our friend Max of South Africa wants to know if I catch mice.  Uhh, Max, I am a declawed (my first family did this to me) indoor cat, and we have no mice in our house that we know of.  So the answer is no, I don't catch mice.  He further asks if I do, do I drop them on Mommy's bed for a treat?  I would not do this if I caught a mouse because I value my life and I love my home.  She would have a conniption fit!

Tank Colnar asks me a difficult question.  He said I have noticed that sometimes dog and/or kitty bloggers actually forget who they are while they are writing .. .and become their animal.  Isn't this creepy?  This would never happen to me because I do my own typing most of the time. 
I really don't have an answer to this question, Tank.  I think we should ask for our blog readers to respond to this.  My question to you is, How did you learn to type?  Very few dogs have this ability as far as I know.
Readers  . . .would you help us with this please?

Now, I want to thank you all for writing and for giving us interesting things to talk about.  This will be my last column, because our Mom is changing the blog around a bit and we are passing the advice column  on to another reader.  Can you guess who it might be?

Watch our regular blog for some further changes!

Meow, meow,
Ali Zophia

23 comments:

Remington said...

Great post! You are so wise! New blog -- I am anxious to see what you are doing!

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I hope you have found someone just as smart to take your place!

Martha said...

Hi Ali Z
Wonderful advice as always. We cannot type ourselves but are very impressed that Tank can.
We tend to rely on our human slave - we dictate and she types. We are currently researching bark activated computers.
We will let you know how we get on.
The problem with having to rely on your human is that sometimes you fall behind with your blogging.
These humans are not the most efficient and seem to be forever making excuses.
Do you know what this human word 'busy' actually means Ali Z cos we don't.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxxx

Unknown said...

Great answers as usual. Cloud's was very informative. Mayzie's confused me because until now I thought the census was only for 2leggers. Thanks for setting me straight and for mentioning GABE. I wonder who will take over, could it be somebody I know? Stay away from the stinker furiends. Every time they don't like a question they'll toot on it.
Twink!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What ever will we do with no Ali Z advice....We can't wait to see who will take your place (Twinkie maybe??) It will be so hard to live up to your honest and to the point expertise!

Smileys!
Dory

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ali Z! Thank you oh-so-much for answering my question. I will hurry up and start working on those census peoples to include the 4 leggers.

I will miss your Most Wise advice but I'm sure that the new advice-giver will be almost as good as you!

As for the typing thing - I dictate to my mom, too. But then I proofread real careful to makes sure she didn't mess anything up.

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

WFT Nobby said...

Oh Ali Z, I am quite distraught that you will no longer be dispensing your great wisdom every Tuesday. Your heir has a lot to live up to, in so many ways!
Looking forward to seeing what your Mom is going to do with the blog though.
Cheers, Gail .

kissa-bull said...

oh cat crap we are furry much shad to know this will be your last advice column . how ever are pibbles soppose to go through life wiff out your most advice full of smarticles??
we appreciate all your advice as usual
and tiger will immediately go to store to buy gift
pibble sugars and wee wags
the pittie pack

Teddy Westlife said...

Wait, we're not going to get words of wisdom from Ali Z any more? That's not fair!

Also: my mum does my typing. I just tell her what to say.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We will be sorry to see you go, Stella. We are contemplating some changes too but not sure what yet.

Great questions and wonderful answers.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Sagira said...

You are so wise. Can't wait to hear who you are passing it off to.

Chester said...

I knew I shoulda been visitin' more often! Now I come over to find that you are quittin' the advice business. I'm sure as smart as you are you are passin' the torch to a highly qualified individual.

Good luck on the blog change! I'm sure you will keep it interestin' as always!

Woofs and interestin' slobbers,
Chester ;0=)

Pee. Ess. I am a self-taught typist.

TwoSpecialWires said...

As our Girl would say, "You are so smart." We know you must have good reasons to be switching things over. Change is hard, but transitions can be very good. We'll be anxious to see what's up.

Curiously waiting
Jake and Fergi xxoo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Tank is so khorrekht!

I've akhtually khaught my mom spelling words like I do -

AND I know some other furiend has khaught his momma signing work emails with 'slobbers'

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I so hope I didn't run woo off ;-)

KB said...

Fairwell Ali. I've loved your column. It makes me laugh almost every week. I was also relieved to hear that you don't give your mom dead mice as gifts... I imagine that she'd have a conniption!

Life With Dogs said...

And I was just getting used to talking to a cat. Who is the new blogger? You tease! :p

Maxmom said...

Awww Ali-Z!!!!

I'm sad about this being your last column! I hope it's not your last post! I've really come to love you and your advice and your wisdom.
I'm also really sad too about your claws! I now remember your momma mentioning it somewhere...at least you have a lovely, wonderful home where you don't have to catch your food!
Take care and lotsalicks. I am holding thumbs for your blog changes too....please don't go!

MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Kate said...

New bloggytime!

Hope they know they have large pawprints to fill!!!! Oh Wise One.

Koda MD

How Sam Sees It said...

Those are all very important questions! Thank you!

Sam

Bobby said...

Ah, you give such good advice why are you being sacked.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello ali z its dennis the vizsla dog hay oh noes!!! no more ali z advice kolumm??? is it becuz yoo ar going to rite yore memwars or sumthing??? ok bye

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Hi Stella,

Twink just told us about your advice column. Where have we been all this time??? We just read it and it's wonderful!

Now that we know about it, we hate to see you leave butt, we are sure you will find a grrrreat pup or kitty to replace you.


we wish you much luck in whatever new adventure you em-bark on!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

sanjeet said...

I hope you have found someone just as smart to take your place!
home based data entry