6.20.2009

Working Dogs

Hi Pups and Kitties:

Its Saturday and some of us working dogs
got a job to do even if its the weekend.
Today I have to wait for Dave the mailman to
come and let my Mom know when he arrives.
My Mom is deaf so I help her with a lot of things
like this.

Then later, I will take a nap (a working dog has to keep rested up, you know!) and I will have another job for this afternoon, probably working outside, helping my Mom clean up the yard. Its going to be pretty hot today, so I hope we finish up early!

My Mom just finished reading Adventures with Ari, and she says it will always be one of her favorite books. Its lots of stories about Ari and her family, with very much scholarly stuff
thrown in to help us understand more about the canine world. A great combination she says.
Maybe someday my Mom will write a book about me. Well, it could be! Ari's Mom spoke about how happy a dog is to get out and walk and if you pay attention to what he/she is doing, you will get happy too. My Mom says she gets tickled at me because I love to pay attention to cars, trucks and motorbikes that go vroom, vroom!

Have a good rest of the weekend evfurry buddy!

Kisses,
Stella

13 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I've asked my mom to paw this fur me fur I'm upstairs working. I'm making sure no one takes Mom's bed away!

Khyra's Mom here...I haven't read our Ari book yet - somepup's blog and blog furiends keep us toooooooo busy to even open it!

Woo are doing a FINE job working fur your mom today. As Khyra pawed Zim earlier...it is the weekend...are woo getting time and a half?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra's Mom Fur Khyra

Maxmom said...

Hey Stella...good work, girl! I watched the visitors come and go today. LUv Maxdog

Hamish Westie said...

Ah Stella, how good of you to help your Mom. That is exactly how it should be. I am a little deaf too and so it is reasonable that Gail helps me. That's how it works, no?
Cheers, H.

Princess Eva and Brice said...

I think you're working harder than we are today. Momma and Dad aren't letting us help clean the garage so we're just chewing on cow hooves.

Princess Eva

The Army of Four said...

Pace yourself, Stella! Really. And remember to stay hydrated.
Tail wags,
Storms

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Glad you are such a big help to your Mom. Ours has had a very busy day but she hasn't been home all day. And now she fed us and is leaving again - not fair!!!

But maybe we can get some funtime with her tomorrow.

Woos, the OP Pack

Lorenza said...

Hi, Stella!
My mom has been working too but it is very hot so I decided to sleep while she finishes.
Have a nice day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO STella

Sounds like you are working very hard! Take it easy because it's probably just as hot in Minnesota as it is in Iowa. We walked at 6am because of the heat!
Hugs
Thor and Marco Polo

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

you are a good helper! does your mailman bring you any treats? Don't work too hard. It causes stress.
your pal, Morgan

Teddy Westlife said...

Perhaps you could consider a career as a racing car driver Stella?

Huffle Mawson

D.K. Wall said...

So maybe Ari is a canine-naturalist and you are a canine-urbanist?

Joe Stains said...

Mom has the Ari book but hasn't read it yet, she will be getting to it really soon, it sounds great.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

We mostly just pull our mom down the street. She doesn't have a chance to notice anything.

Steve