4.27.2009





HappyMonday (my Mom says that is a misnomer) so I will say it and not have to ask what she means for one of those lengthy explain deals:

Our good furiend, the handsome and clever, Dennis the Visla gave us another award for just being us! It is the Pawsome Award and this is what the words say:

This award is presented to those dog bloggers out there who know the meaning of GREATNESS. Their blogs are consistently interesting, funny, or informative. Their KINDNESS is extended to others without expectation of it’s return, and their FRIENDSHIP inspires others to do EXTRAORDINARY things. These are the blogs you can’t wait to read everyday. In short, they are AWE-INSPIRING, full of wonder, and simply PAWsome!Pass this award on to 4 others who you feel exemplify a “Paw”some Blog, and leave a note saying why you think they deserve the Pawsome Award.

I want to thank Dennis the Visla, who is pretty Pawsome himself for thinking of us for this award.

Now I think every dog who writes a blog is Pawsome and would have a terrible time trying to choose just a few. So if you don't have this award, please accept it from me, Stella, with all good wishes. Then pass it on to whomever you choose.

I am pretty grumpy about the weather, as usual, so just allow me a few words about it. It stays chilly, 30s-50 F., every day we get rain, and sometimes snow, but it don't stick. My Mom tells me April showers bring May flowers but all I say is they bring me wet dirty feet that my Mom insists on wiping off before I get into the kitchen or the rest of the house and I really hate that. It about kills me to see all the lovely walks the rest of you guys are getting, the Army of Four, the Thundering Herd, Hamish the Westie, all stomping around in what looks like decent weather. But at least I know Khrya would love this wet stuff and sit outside in it. Takes all kinds, I say. Ah well, ces't la vie!

Kisses,

Stella


14 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats!

I want your khool too PLEASE!!!

It was 65 degrees this am at 545!

It was in the low 90's yesterday...that is just NOT Siberian weather!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: OR Siberian Mom weather!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Oh dear Stella....we do hope your weather improves for you soon, must say, we've been pretty lucky so far this year, it's dull today but only a spit of rain....wish you could hop on a plane to Forres and we'll show you our beach and do zoomies....
Love and slobbers xx

Pee-ess...our word verification is inumb....are you numb?

Princess Eva and Brice said...

It's been icky and rainy down south too. But at least the grass is finally growing. We still find the mud patches and squish it between our toes.

Princess Eva

Hamish Westie said...

Don't waste too much time feeling jealous of our weather here in Scotland Stella! We have plenty of cold grey damp and windy stuff in between the odd glimpses of sunshine. Gail says you can tell the April weather's a mixed bag if you know some poetry!
"When in April the sweet showers fall" (Chaucer)
"Oh to be in England now that April's there" (Browning)
"April is the cruelist month..." (Eliot).

It's a bit much expecting us dogs to know that sort of stuff, don't you think!

Cheers! H.

Chester said...

Thanks so much Stella for the warning about Mr. Stick's movements. I will be sure to keep a lookout. Please forgive me for not being around much lately, my kennel work has almost got me overwhelmed but I wanted to let you know I appreciate all your comments. I sincerely hope the weather becomes more amicable (sounds good, just don't know what it means either) but I hope it suits your fur, if you know what I mean. I don't like the whole paw wiping either. I don't get it, they like to buy stuff with painted pawprints on and then they wipe ours off so they don't show up. Whatever, huh?

Woofs and warmer slobbers,
Chester

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congrats on the award - your blog IS awesome and so are you. Trust me, we are not stomping around in nice weather - rain, drizzle, tornado watches, and more rain, and now it is a cold rain. Tomorrow will be better.

Woos, the OP Pack

Joe Stains said...

Stella it is perfectly dry and warm here, you should come visit before it gets hot!

Congrats on your award!!

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Congrats on the award Stella! I do so hope the weather improves and spring *finally* finds you!!
~lickies, Ludo

The Army of Four said...

congratulations, Stella!
Love,
Ammy

Lorenza said...

Congratulations on your Award, Stella!
Here, no rain and no snow just hot, hot, hot weather!
I wish you sunny days but not as hot as mine!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello stella its dennis the vizsla dog hay sorry abowt the wether their i wont tel yoo wot it is like heer but we did get invayded by bees for a littel wile if that mayks yoo feel better!!! ok bye

Anonymous said...

I hear your weather frustrations! High of 58 and rainy/windy today means our yard will stay muddy and Sister and I don't get to run around and play. Though we were forecast for 3 degrees warmer than DL today (that is where you are, right?)!

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

hehehehe! you curious little thing! hahaha! i answered your questions over on the blog--what is propper etiquette anyways? do you address the questions on your own blog comments or go to the other persons blog and answer there? we don't know blog rules--hahahha! regardless, we are so happy you like the pics!!! oh yeah--and i told my family about the NS story. it is really neat, everyone gets a cute chuckle out of that story!

Allison Walton said...

Kongwatuwashuns on yur award! Woo iz verree deeserving!

We hopes da weafur improovs soon!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo